SSI SCUBA DIVER COURSE
You can do this online and then review your results with your instructor when you are in the dive shop. You have also to complete quizzes similar to that the Open Water course
After this pool session, you will dive at the beach, or the following day go out for 2 or 3 dive at one of the local dive trips to complete the open water portion.
At the end of the training, you will receive a scuba diving certification indicating that you’ve completed all components of the program to dive under the direct supervision of dive professional down to 12 meters of depth, all over the world.
NOTE: Before scuba diving you must have some swimming ability, any diver with no swimming ability adds risk to themselves and others
- You must be able to complete a swimming test of 200m of any different style or 300m using mask snorkel and fins.
- Float in water to deep to stand for 10 minutes without any assistance.
- Minimum age is 10 years old
- Download our Medical Statement here and read it. If you are in any doubt, or answer ‘yes’ to any of the medical forms you must consult a doctor before scuba diving.You need to read this and sign to confirm you have no medical conditions.
Remember there is no flying after diving, read about it here
THE SCUBA DIVER COURSE STRUCTURE:
- Complete 3 Knowledge Development sections using SSI e-learning
- Complete confined water dives in our swimming pool and practice skills that we will then use in the open water
- Complete the exam and do 2 open water dives
SCUBA DIVER COURSE OPTIONS:
The Scuba Diver Course has introduced many people to the underwater world. We have many different schedules available to suit your budget and time
Option 1 – Pool and Beach Dives, 1 Day Course: Kata Beach hosts a wonderful variety of marine life that cannot be found at other dive sites. There are schooling fish, stingrays and moray eels. On occasion there are turtles and sea horses. The Scuba Diver Course can be completed in 1 day if diving off the beach. Subject to weather conditions. Kata Beach is generally closed for diving between May and October due to the westerly monsoon.
Option 2 – Pool and Boat Dives, 2 Day Course: Racha Yai and Racha Noi are the 2 dive sites that we use for our boat trips. The sites boast good visibility and mild currents, these are perfect for training new divers. There is an abundance of marine life at these 2 islands. Its not uncommon to see chevron barracuda, puffer fish and the occasional turtle if you are lucky. If the seas are a bit adverse both Racha Yai and Racha Noi offer shelter, so these sites can be accessed all year round.
Most holiday makers come to Phuket to enjoy the beaches and out door activities. So the main benefit of SSI e-learning is that you don’t have to spend much time in the classroom. All the study can be completed before you arrive.
Start your online study with your free elearning with digital online manual.
At the end of your course you will receive an internationally accepted scuba diving licence that allows you to dive to 12m in the company of a certified Instructor or Divemaster
Scuba Schools International follows the high standards set by The World Recreational Scuba Training Council and the International Standards Organisations/European Underwater Federation. The knowledge and skills you learn in this course are equivalent to the other major diving agencies and are interchangeable and globally recognized
COURSE PRICE INCLUDES
- Free online e-learning and scuba diver registration
- Certification card
- Logbook (digital with SSI app)
- Hotel transfers see bottom of the page for conditions
- Continental breakfast, and buffet, lunch is also served on the diving day trip boat. Beach dives, customers will need to arrange their own meals
SIGN UP FOR THE SSI ‘SCUBA DIVER’ NOW
Its easy to create your personal diver profile account now – click the image below – then access the free digital online training start diving today.
|Academic Sessions:||Online Program|
|Pool/Confined Water Sessions:||3|
|Open Water Dives:||2|
|Maximum Training Depth:||12 meters / 40 feet|
|Suggested Duration:||10 – 16 hours|
Our main dive center is located at Chalong with transfer time around 15 mins drive to the marina, we have transfers from all hotels in the following areas:
Free Transfers are on boat days only. 7:15- 7:30 Patong – 7:30 7:45 Kata Beach – Karon Beach – Rawai Beach – Nai Harn – Chalong Bay
Extra charge private car transfer fee per day – 7:00am Ban Tao & Surin Beach 1,600thb – Maikhao Beach – Ban Tao – Airport Area 1,500 THB
Extra charge private car transfer fees per day -7:00am Cape Panwa +1000thb – 7.00am Koh Siray 1000Tthb – 7.15am Phuket Town + 1000thb